Monday, August 02, 2010

Luny lunes here again, where are the weeks going to...

I met a friend this morning, we were going to Coín she wanted some bits from Lidl there, we were nearly quarter hour early for the bus which was 10 minutes early and left the stop as soon as we were on, thank goodness we're early birds!

Then when we had shopped the bar over the road was closed, for holidays one of the girls in Lidl told us, handy time for your holidays, the hight of tourist season don't you think?

We had to hike my friends trolley, well a bag on wheels really, not a solid thing, so it had a life of its own! Another bar was also shut, so it was up the hill towards the social security offices and the bar there!

We came back down half hour before bus was due, just in case, next bus wouldn't be for another 2 and half hours! Anyway got to talking to a woman there, she has been told it will be a further 2 years before the Fuengirola road opens!!!! I hope they meant it will be 2 years... period! So that would be next April... I cannot believe it could take two more years on top of that!!!

It was supposed to be open this month, as far as the La Cala turn off, then closed again till Christmas and finally opened down to the coast... who knows, too many rumours going around, but this woman today, sounded like she knew forsure....

So, the bus came, we went back to Alhaurin and stopped with friends for a refreshing drink, was joined by more friends, one of which offered to take my mate to the poligio Rosa! She needs a new top for her water tank!

But first he and I wanted to see inside the new library in Alhaurín el Grande, WOW, I had wanted to go to the opening, obviously didn't see that it was opening on Friday 31st July, but it was ok, a couple of thousand other people did!

Its an amazing looking place from outside and very beautiful inside also, we tried to get library cards, but were told to come back when it was quieter... yes you can guess, lines of people to check out books and only one girl working!

I am looking forward to going back, because I saw the art gallery, which had a pond in the corner! Well I am sorry, I know its not a pond, but in the far corner, the floor is cut away at an angle and there was about a ten inch drop down, and the area was full of water, so it looked like a small pond, not a fountain... So not sure what it was!

Then there was a huge area on the first floor full of computers, all free to use, so many I couldn't count them! The room high high ceiling and lots of light from the tall windows taking up the whole of the wall on one side...

Then 2nd floor was the library, lots of seating, some sofa chairs, tables, reading stations, I actually also didn't see as many books as I would have expected to, but maybe I didn't look properly, so maybe tomorrow...

From there it was off to the industrial estate and the big ferreteria [hardware] there, and we were taken to the warehouse, and we picked the water tank lid!

Back, [all of this by car] to the store and then tried to buy it! I guess it should have been part of the whole, the tank the lid, so it took a while to get the price... but job done! Now my friend can have a tapa to her tank! There were loads of people I knew in the store! I had never even been in it before, it is very popular, more so I think as a girl working in there is English! Some friends I saw in there I had previously seen in town and not seen before since last year! So we have lots to catch up on and they are going to pick me up and take me to they're home in the next week or so, and we can relax and have a good talk...

... y al final, the passport photos I had done last week are too small, so I must have them done again tomorrow...


I thought of you and how you love this beauty,
And walking up the long beach all alone
I heard the waves breaking in measured thunder
As you and I once heard their monotone.

Around me were the echoing dunes, beyond me
The cold and sparkling silver of the sea --
We two will pass through death and ages lengthen
Before you hear that sound again with me.

Sarah Teasdale



TTFN
Marian

No comments: