Monday, April 11, 2011


Oooop, been a while hasn't it amigos!

Too long to go back over? No, that would make this a very short Blog post, and I don't do short!

Lets explain the photos first! The shot above is of the, or one of the, oldest Moorish towers in the area... Its at Finca La Mota. On the outskirts of Alhaurín el Grande...

I took both above photos from a friends roof terrace... So one above is also a view I have never seen before, from this angle at least, of the Sierra de Mijas.... until a couple of months ago I didn't even know the tower existed!!!


Which is much the same for these next two photos, above and beneath! We went up to the top of La Trocha building.... above the cinema, above the gym, to the top floor.... where there is a bar!!! And buena vistas!!! oh and tennis courts!

Coín as seen from La Trocha, and below, Alhaurín.... in the distance, I see the top of La Trocha from the roof terrace and now here we were looking back!

It was a bit windy up there! I had been having a few Marilyn Munroe moments already down stairs with all the up drafts, it was a nightmare up on the roof! lol...

Now what else has been occuring! Trips to Torremolinos, again! La Cala market, again! Today, I walked up the flights of stairs from the paseo at Bajondillo all the way up to C/San Miguel in Torremolinos! Heck, only supposed to walk on the flat, but I made it! Had to stop for a cuppa in a bar at the top! It was busy, the shops, the streets, lots of tourists, which is good to see, at last!

The weather was a bit poor, yesterday was hot as... as a hot thing, today, was supposed to be hot and clear skied, but was very cloudy, and hung low over the mountains, it didn't rain, I didn't think it would, but was a bit cooler down on the coast than up here for sure, and once back here the sun was hot, and little clouds only... much better!

I had a call from the hospital on Friday and have an appointment change, having an Xray tomorrow now at the hospital, and the others still next Tuesday... maybe they thought too many Xrays on one day! So today I had to call into my day leader to let her know I would be off for the next two Tuesdays at work, bit rough that isn't it! The only day I work, and these appointments are both on Tuesdays!!! Bet they cut my wages... [ah ok, I know, I don't get paid, just kidding!]

Feel like I have so much more to tell.... Boardroom meetings all going well, hall passes collected by those of us having away days!

Feel a poem coming on, or a piece of music..... ok, just up loaded Van the man, Morrison for the music... and here is a wonderful poem that's just come up on my fb page... Perfect timing of course!

The tree of love its roots hath spread
Deep in my heart, and rears its head;
Rich are its fruits: they joy dispense;
Transport the heart, and ravish sense.
In love's sweet swoon to thee I cleave,
...Bless'd source of love . . .

- St. Francis of Asissi, Into Love's Furnace I am Cast.


TTFN
Marian

No comments: