Saturday, January 24, 2015


Purloined this photo, changed the position of the jetty, added string of light's and Pinned it! This is now the jetty at my cabin, by the lake... Hey, dreams they do come true, I know this for sure...

Wishing very much this is where I am today...

It's my mom's birthday, I think this cabin of mine first took shape when I sat daily with my mom during her last week's, days... moment's... I tried to take my mom to places she had been, talking about Paris from her 'bucket list, our trips to Italy, back home in the states, and Spain...

I talked of strange dreams she had had and told me off; one such dream of a handsome man who she met on the fire escape outside her apartment window in New York, consistently over the years, and as the years passed both her and he aged... I like to think they are both young again now...

I also spoke of this cabin, I drew a mental picture of a home, my home, for mom, describing as if real... I took us there... down a quiet road, a turn, a gate, a drive through woods, there the cabin, the lake, a single level white painted cabin, up a small wide stairway, a complete wraparound porch, I told her there were two beautiful old rocking chairs near the front door, I asked her to sit in one and wait for me...

I imagined it for no reason at all in New England, Maine... lol, I know strange!?!  But last year going through things of moms I hadn't seen, I came across letters photos, books other memorabilia... my mom had vacationed with her parents at another families home in... Bar Harbor, Maine!  Her last trip would have been when she was eight, or even seven, her father died when she was nearly nine, and by nine taken to England 'to be schooled'...  So maybe she doesn't, didn't even really remember much of where she had been, she never spoke of holidays with this family they knew...

I learnt recently that the Incas belief of past, present and future was very different from ours, that all times are now, that memories of those gone and to come are with us, at all times... Bit 'out there' I realise, but is this why we know things, feel things about places we have never been to, a connection?

TTFN
Marian




No comments: