Friday, May 15, 2015

Drawing Challenge - The Trickster


Bit of a rough trip for me to get through for our DC today! Veronica, trick is really my key word I'm clutching at here... Am away, in Nottingham, with my son and his family this weekend, and only have use of my phone and photos within! I am posting neither of the pictures I wanted to as I cannot find what I wanted?

So firstly above... The sphere, I took this awhile ago... Been here before if you've been with me through thick 'n thin... Next door neighbour's hot tub had sprung a leak, I think their house, a relatively new build settled into place and internal pipework didn't! So they flooded, from the roof down! Water coming out of every nook and cranny, or cracks and holes! One of which here... I caught a perfect droplet... Perfectly!  So lucky!


And here... A view from the terrace, our mountain looks like an island out there in the fog... very mystical and ethereal....

TTFN
Marian

7 comments:

Melodye said...

How lucky we feel, when we capture that single drop of water. And yet...are we fooling ourselves into thinking that, when the truth is that we were wholly prepared for the moment, our attentions and camera lens totally focused on what was happening? :)

Hope you're enjoying your stay in Nottingham! It's the homeland of my dear Nana, who emigrated to the US when she was 16, during the height of WWI. I want so much to see it, to feel its essence for myself.

Tammie Lee said...

oh, floods are no fun, and so much work. your droplet shows the magic of water more than the flood.

i wish you a wonderful time away.

tanĂ¯a said...

Oh, I was taken by the wonderful moment of the drop you've captured, when I realised this was the result of a flood, which is not beautiful at all! That was a real trickster! And that foggy sea in front of your house..I love this kind of illusion that fog often creates!

nadine paduart said...

landscape trickery is the best, it makes us think up all kinds of stories, not? especially when we come together and sit, talking, for hours... n♥

Veronica Roth said...

Oh my gosh, that was a prefect capture, but oh boy, those neighbours! Not fun at all. Big hugs to them for strength. I love the way the mountain looks like an island. I was among islands myself this weekend and love them. The only trouble here on the west coast is that, when the fog settles in, island people can be int he mist for a month or more, never seeing the sun. At least here I can drive up a mountain and be above the clouds. I'm very late checking back with everyone because I forgot my pc charger and was computer free for the whole weekend! :D What am I like? Hope you have a wonderful week.

renilde said...

great photos!
the perfect drop and its story remind me of a simular situation, long time ago we lived in a big old house with a very old central heating system. the water barrel of that system was in the attic, a huge thing filled with cold water, one night it burst and the water came through the ceiling of the bedroom, not drop by drop but in one big wave, never in my life i jumped out of bed that quickly and with a very loud cry too...yet i loved that house, it was old but grand in a most charming way.

your house in the other picture looks like a boat sailing a misty see, lovely, xx

Ultreya said...

Thank you all for your wonderful comments... I have been to Nottingham again this past weekend... the city is one of my favorites, from the castle to the caves, from the high street and the such varied peoples and activities... this weekend a beach!!!! an inland beach!!! great stuff! mxx