Sunday, September 17, 2017

"It may be that the gulfs will wash us down;

It may be we shall touch the Happy Isles,
And though we are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are—
[Scene shifts to Frasier’s KACL booth.]
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will;
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."


I’ve been thinking about that poem a lot lately. And I think what it says is that, while it’s tempting to play it safe, the more we’re willing to risk, the more alive we are. In the end, what we regret most are the chances we never took. And I hope that explains, at least a little, this journey on which I am about to embark. I have loved every minute with my KACL family, and all of you. For eleven years you've heard me say, "I’m listening." Well, you were listening, too. And for that I am eternally grateful. Goodnight, Seattle.



Well friends, I guess you know what I've been watching this morning, well as per the norm... but which episode... Yep, the last one of Frasier, again... As as always this poem by Tennyson gets me, or I get it!

And here I am today, at this time on this path where, once again this means more to me today than usual...

I am off to work for a long period of time, and so a change is a-foot, big change...

This week also I finished watching Friends! LOL for the first time ever I have watched each and every single episode! Thank you Netflix!

That was a bit of an emotional roller-coaster! I don't think I had seen the two last episodes of Friends?  Although I had seen the majority of it, thanks to one of my sons who was a Friends addict... and I have a book, the Friends book, still in its shopping bag... from 2004!


LOL I've just taken it down off the shelf, with it came another item... the card I gave to my mom in 2009... a mere eight years ago... but a couple of life times past...


Isn't it bad enough to keep too much stuff of my own that I kept this too!  Still, I have a photograph now to keep instead... if I should lose this card eh...

On the inside cover I had written a poem, my mom like Walt Whitman...

Took a photograph of this too! Surprise surprise! I was going to purloin it from the www. but none of the copies were background compatible for me... So the photograph it is then!


And a pretty rubbish photo it is too! Oh well! LOL There it is... I wasn't even looking for any of this was I! Just the Friends book... which.... oh well, never mind...

I've just gone from one random thing to another, time for me to take a bow and leave!







No comments: