Sunday, September 10, 2017

That was a heavy dog walk this morning... Deep and meaningful... As Pippa and I were walking through the park...

And I thought about Pippa... Dogs, animals, don't have a clue about what's ever going to happen to them, they live in the here and now... She never knows if I'm coming home from town, or when I take her to the doggie hotel when I'll come back, if?  She has no guarantee even of food or walks... in a way...

Then I thought I suppose we don't either, we go about our lives, for good or for bad, thinking we know a little at least of what's ahead, yes, we know more of that than our pets... We can plan for meals, work, regular stuff.  But there it stops! We don't actually know what tomorrow holds, or later today... We can plan all we want, because what's around the corner is unknown, even if we think otherwise.

The universe conspires for us... For the good and for the bad; even things that appear to be bad may have a reason because we don't know why change has come...

We really then have no more idea than the dog!



My dog now, tired from her walk and watching me... the one she trusts, who knows more about her future than she does, and still she trusts... I think I have been missing something my whole life.



I actually wrote the above yesterday morning and forgot to post... The sunset from the night before, the 8th, sharing the moment...

And I have had a placement offer, in one place for eight weeks!  Again, universe conspiring within twelve hours of my thought of working for eight to nine weeks before Christmas!  Decisions to be made... What other great changes can I make with my thoughts!




1 comment:

To Be a Butterfly said...

Interesting perspective. Deep and meaningful .