Friday, November 24, 2017

Cali - my first road...

I am here, I arrived okay, tired, but okay. I did a Blog draft on my Kindle on the flight over but haven't even checked it out!

As I write now, I am tired! I woke up at 4:30am! I don't think it's jet lag now, just my normal head being busy and too much thinking crapola!

Because yesterday although I woke initially at 3am I slept through to 6:30 and got up feeling more refreshed than I had in what felt like years!!

So? Yes I arrived into LAX, my brother and his wife came and picked me up... It was a drive-by dash and grab for me and took a couple of drive-by's to find me! Whilst waiting I people watched... So many men with bouquets of flowers! Small, large, impossibly grand (looked like a window display!!), to the potted variety! And some guys had teddy bears!! So sweet...

Once back to their house I got a second wind as 'they' call it and managed to stay up and awake for quite awhile, but when I did go to bed I had been up for 25 hours! Blah!!!

That was Monday... A good flight, a couple of short naps on board, but with a new born and a toddler in front, not a quiet one! Even LAX was a breeze, caught it just right, passport control, baggage and final check...

Leaving Gatwick my only conversation at the gate was in Spanish, a guy returning to LA, but he originally came from Torremolinos! And then at LAX my first conversation was in Spanish! A couple of guys traveling with all their gear, a heavy metal rock band!! And waiting outside the doors for my brother... A Spanish couple asked me, in Spanish where the taxi rank was!!

Why does anyone teach any other language than Spanish! It's just not necessary!

Okay! Tuesday? Bro worked, and we, went to a burger place and Target for shopping... Wednesday? We had a fright-fest on TV day, just chilling... Metaphorically, it's been in the high 90's here!! Yesterday, Thursday, my very first Thanksgiving here in the states since I was a baby! Crazy eh! And we went to my sister-in-laws mom's, only a ten minute drive, was lovely to be invited... A great family... I was a bit nervous beforehand..  so many new people, but of course everyone made me feel at home, and I did...

Today we're having lunch with my brother's brother!


No comments: