Wednesday, December 06, 2017

Roads back to Spain...

Long time of travelling... See if I can get things straight...

Fish & Chips at Sandys, Huntington Beach
I left LAX late, an hour, luckily had my phone on charge at the gate most of the time, you know there, as most US airports charger sockets are on every row of seats at the gates, with the possibility of charging four devices at a time!

We eventually boarded, and I was sat at the window with two Spanish guys next to me, who after a while of listening to them speaking I was sure they would be on my next flight also, to Malaga... we talked here and there a little, more for help in passing stuff and a bottle it was impossible for me to open!

The flight was great, these 787 Dreamliner babies that Norwegian Air are flying long haul, are the very best, amazing lighting to help with sleep and jet lag, maybe, apparently something different with the air conditioning too, to help with jet lag... comfortable, huge windows with no blinds to pull down, just a tap of a button to adjust the incoming light, I stared at the sun for ages yesterday[?] morning, then realised it was the sun!! Still, looked amazing over the silver side of the clouds...

Anyways, landed in Gatwick, and although an hour late taking off, with great tailwinds we landed on time!  So after immigration and bag collection, which took a while.. It was the shuttle tube thingy from the south terminal to the north and I self checked in my bag with Easy Jet, again, so easy, done that before at Stansted a couple of years ago... only problem, just remembered I had to get off all the stickers from my other flight before the case would clear! Oh these multi fly trips! Haha!!

Into another departures after another security check through... I didn't notice, but my case had been opened in the states, always me, always my case... so another lock broken, and my bits and pieces are checked through!  Really? Why mine?  Good thing the built in code thing hadn't been used, not sure how they would open that!!  The case is shot to hell anyway, busted up on the flight over I think, cracked and broken, I had used duck-tape to stop the sharp areas catching and breaking further... maybe they thought that looked a bit dodgy!

And so... onto Malaga from Gatwick and that left late, but also managed to land on time, off, through security, baggage collection... car collection, Pippa collection and into the house... before ten, just I think...

I unpacked everything, but left it in piles, the little there was, tried to relax, luckily I had some coffee with built in milk powder and chocolate!  Watched TV and went to bed about midnight...  Oh we also did a tour of the terrace, all okay up there!  It took me ages to get the boiler working, not sure if it was the gas can, it was full, but I changed it over anyway, and will try it again when this one is empty...

I woke up about 3am, ended up getting up, making some chamomile tea, thought it would help, although of course, I would have had coffee if I had had some milk! I read and went back to sleep about 5am ish... I switched off the 7am alarm thinking I would probably wake up about 8am... er no! Pippa didn't budge, I was warm and cosy in the duvet, bed cover, and then two blankets... bed felt damp when I got into it... The house smelled fine, clean and not damp, like in the old days... so I knew it wasn't bad, just chilled I guess... And I woke up just before 2pm!!!! OMG!!! 2pm!! 

I rushed and got ready went out... I had completely forgotten it was a holiday day here today! Nothing open as I drove about... I went to two garages for milk, the second getting lucky! Back to the house and then I took Pippa out! 

She is a bit strange, I guess it feels strange for her... being in the doggie hotel for ten weeks, and although she was excited to see me, which was good, I think it must seem funny now her being here, and on her own without her doggie pals she has been used to for all these weeks... she snuggled up on the bed with me... but this house, just isn't the same anymore, I don't know about Pippa, but I don't feel I belong here anymore, I don't feel at home... my heart has left here now; I couldn't even bear to look across the valley earlier, towards the wind turbines.. to the range that has always reminded me of California, because now more than ever before they remind me of the home I was born in, and I know now more than ever before looking across will make me sad now, not happy.

I was going to put up the tree today, or at least this week.
Shall I? should I bother? whats the point... For me? for Pippa? I think this year Christmas can pass on by, bring on 2018...

From Fat Face
I Tweeted this pic yesterday from Gatwick, waiting for my flight to Malaga... Another mug, another quote... Seems so long ago back in Malaga taking a similar photo... that quote said.. "You can't discover a new ocean until you have the courage to leave the shore."

That's all I'm saying...


No comments: