Thursday, December 21, 2017

The Lost Road...

Me and Pip today...

I have found recently, some things can be lost, and never regained... A feeling, need or want even, a thought of future things, ideas... and when you realise they can never come to fruition it stops! A barrier comes down... And however much you might try to get the hope or idea back it's impossible... Something kills it, outright, and as my phone said ahead of me there... Also out of reach...

I went to Fuengirola this morning, bright and very early; I sat at Bar Central where I have sat now for nearly 29 years, lol not continually! Bright spark! On and off! They'd have moved me on by now...

At first on holidays, and the latter 16 living here, mostly, of course...

So many years...

The bar hasn't changed much... The shop opposite gone, another bar there now instead, the King Burger still there, yes that's it's name, not to be confused with another similar brand name! It's near the steps towards Las Rampas...

I parked way back, at the other end of town, walked along through the hardly changed high street, although in retrospect I guess it has changed, but we change too and don't notice so much.


After my Colacao, with its little cheeky bubbles! I headed down through Las Rampas and out onto the paseo maritimo, walked along by the sea... Beautiful blue sky above, sun on my left... Warm enough in the sunshine... Back to the car and back up to Alhaurín... Parked at home, my spot was waiting for me patiently! And I walked into town, had a chat with friends and came home!

Pipster and I have been out for our walk, photographic evidence!


This small building always makes me wonder!! The door is well below ground! So how? Why? What? When???


                         Rotting pomegranates!

Its nicer in the afternoons now, less heat than summer, and more light than the morning walk in the dark at the moment! And warmer! Contradictory lines there? But you get the gist!

The wood burner is lit... and that's it!





No comments: