Saturday, February 10, 2018

Airport Road!


Well here I am, near to Bristol airport! All cosied in at a guest house! Zero facilities but absolutely lovely none the less, I was concerned about it prior to my arrival forsure! Not able to get in until 4pm, no food or anything else at all! But the room I am in couldn't be better, and the en-suite shower room looks like it was finished yesterday!

There were builders in the room next door when I arrived, so probably not far from the truth!

The bed has a beautiful soft blanket over the duvet, so I'm showered and under the covers already watching tv, drinking frothy coffee and eating jammy dodgers! Because no food, and because I wanted to sample the food at a pub in the village I was working in... I had the superb meal below in my break, the little lemon squeezer is so cute! I want one!!

Westbury Inn
Fish & Chips

I couldn't finish the plateful, but now thinking of the chips I had no room for and wondering what the desserts were!

Banana Life!
My banana!! Still there today! And now totally abandoned by me!! Who will check on its now daily decomposition!

And something else, I know over the past weeks, months, I have had constant mind changes about where to go from here... and going back to Spain has held sadness for me, but today I realized I have felt quite happy here on this placement, made easier by the man I was supporting, and everyone who supports him, family and healthcare team...

And maybe because I feel happy right now, right here, I actually feel happy I am going home to Spain!

No comments: